Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Bystander Effect

I have personally witness The Bystander Effect. One afternoon my mom and I we're in the nail shop. We noticed a group of children outside. Suddenly, to young girls started to brawl in the nail shops parking lot. Many kids we're cheering on the fight and some we're video taping it. It had to be atleast thirty people in the nail shop including the workers and no one intervened.

I believe that no one stepped up and broke up the fight mostly because it was a one on one fight.But, even in an one on one fight some one can still get seriously injured and instantly others can easily participate in the fight. Secondly, people felt that if they we're to get involved the mob of kids would respond in a disrespectful manner. Finally, they didnt want to risk there safety. Even though these we're good reasons to us to stay out of braking the fight up, Its still a result of the bystander effect. Honestly, if one person would if went outside I would of followed.

2 comments:

  1. Great example. It's surprising how much this happens when we start to pay attention and think about the experiences we've had. Some people may have been thinking, "I'm not going to mess up my nails messing around with those kids." What you think? :-)

    ReplyDelete